Folkadelphia Sessions Volume III is a collection of some of our favorite and most diverse in-studio performances curated by host Fred Knittel and tracked during our third year of making live sessions a featured component on our WXPN radio show in Philadelphia.
Folkadelphia is a Philadelphia-based folk-adjacent organization and WXPN radio show. The radio show runs every Wednesday night from 10-11 PM ET. More information and a full archive of in-studio sessions can be found at http://www.folkadelphia.com.
This year, we also ventured into longer form storytelling with the first episode of our Unsung Series, detailing an influential release by Songs: Ohia. In 2016, we’ll premiere in-studio sessions from John Reilly and Friends, Dar Williams, Circuit Des Yeux, and many more.
1. Joan Shelley – Stay on My Shore
2. Spuyten Duyvil – Hot Time in the Old Town / Preaching on the Old Campground
3. Ryley Walker – Summer Dress
4. Weyes Blood – Used to Be the One
5. Sam Amidon – Pretty Fair Damsel
6. Lydia Loveless – To Love Somebody
7. Indigo Girls – Closer to Fine
8. Diane Cluck – Red August
9. Christopher Paul Stelling – Ain’t No Lie (Elizabeth Cotten cover)
10. Emma Ruth Rundle – Arms I Know So Well
11. Psalmships with Mike “Slo-Mo” Brenner – Blue Factory Flame (Songs: Ohia cover)
12. Melaena Cadiz – Deep Below Heaven
13. Steelism – The Godfather Love Theme (Nino Rota cover)
14. Hemming – Gone
15. Coal Town Rounders – Take This Hammer
16. Kina Grannis – Throw It Away
17. Mitski – Last Words of a Shooting Star